Sunday, April 10, 2011

What to Wear

My room last night was like an episode of What Not to Wear.  Except instead of Stacy and Clinton ridiculing me for my horrid clothes, I had the fabulous April of A Little of This and That pairing up outfits for me and telling me what worked.

It was exactly what I needed.

I have long followed a few basic rules when it comes to fashion. I must be comfortable.  There must be one solid and one patterned piece (ie if the skirt is patterned, the top should be solid and vice versa.).  There must be one color and one neutral (usually black). I'm not very adventurous, to say the least.

April came in and revolutionized my closet.  She put colors together that I never would've thought of, and basically showed me a whole new wardrobe with the clothes I already had.  Look at this, I have eight colorful outfits paired up and ready to march out!

 

An unexpected benefit to losing weight has been becoming more interested in what I'm wearing.  While I don't expect to have a great fashion sense spring up overnight, I do hope to continue experimenting and having fun with my new(ish) figure this summer.

If only I had a fantastic 80s song playing in the background, I could've had my very own movie montage wardrobe makeover sequence, which is my dream (and most people's).

Do you have a fashion philosophy? Please share if you do! I could always use the help!

7 comments:

  1. This week, in honor of your wardrobe makeover, I request/demand/beg for a photo a day of your new outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DITTO to Amie's comment above. We need outfit picks. Oh, and my fashion philosophy is that you can really never go wrong with a cardigan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about I post a round-up of the week's outfits at the end of the week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i wear exactly what you (used to) wear!!! i am never without a blue(jean), brown, or black base, offset with another color. only one pattern at a time...
    you're so lucky to have an April!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the montage comment.

    I wish I had a fashion philosophy so I could answer your question.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see a lot of bright colors here and I love that. I decided to stop buying clothes that weren't bright.

    ReplyDelete